The AACMA Mentoring Program is the first-ever mentoring program for Chinese medicine practitioners in Australia. It is also the first program of its kind in complementary medicine in our country and is an important initiative for our practitioners and the Chinese medicine profession as a whole.
The program connects experienced practitioners with students in their final year of study or within two years of graduation.
- Promote and support the professional and personal development of members
- Facilitate a mutually beneficial relationship between mentees and mentors
- Provide participants with opportunities to reflect on their practice and development
- Enable mentees to develop skills, knowledge and confidence in their professional behaviours and in their career as registered health care professionals
- Encourage participants to actively engage in the health system and the community
Each mentoring program runs for 24 months and enables both mentors and mentees to attain career professional development points. This is a free service for members. Become a student or qualified member to apply for the AACMA Mentoring Program.
Mentees must be AACMA members who are in their final year of study before graduation or within two years after graduation. These students/practitioners are eligible to apply for the program and will receive a discounted membership fee of $120 for their first year with AACMA.
To register as a mentee, click here.
Mentors must be full practicing members of AACMA with at least five years’ experience in the field of Chinese medicine. These practitioners must also complete a short AACMA Mentor Orientation Program.
To register as a mentor, click here.
Do you have more questions?
Click here for an information sheet and FAQs.
Should you need any further information regarding the Mentoring Program, please direct enquiries to AACMA Events Officer Mia Zhang.