AACMA delivers a range of services and benefits to support members throughout Australia. Our comprehensive membership package includes marketing, business and professional development support and the essential tools needed to establish and maintain a practice.
With more than 2200 members across the country, AACMA provides relevant, practical and responsive services including:
- Accreditation and representation for registered, qualified Chinese medicine practitioners in acupuncture, Chinese herbalism and traditional Chinese remedial massage
- Australia’s first-ever mentoring program for Chinese medicine practitioners. This program connects experienced practitioners with students in their final year of study or within one year of graduation to facilitate their transition into creating viable and effective practices.
- Advocacy to government bodies and industry organisations to ensure the profession is represented
- Industry-specific information, advice, support and resources
- Access to professional indemnity insurance
- Low-cost continuing professional development opportunities in every state and territory (excluding Tasmania) and the Australian Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine Annual Conference
- Member-only publications including a fortnightly eNews, our members’ magazine the Jing-Luo and the biannual Australia Journal of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine
- and much more.
AACMA also facilitates partnership arrangements to provide members with discounts and special offers.