AACMA provides significant professional support and valuable benefits for all members who are qualified traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) practitioners.
AACMA is the peak membership organisation for your profession and accredits and represents qualified practitioners of acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, TCM remedial massage and Chinese herbal dispensing. We offer a range of membership options to suit your particular circumstances.
Our fully qualified practitioner members access a broad range of services and support.
Regular communication about industry developments that will impact on you as a practitioner
Free or discounted member rates for important industry events
Expert assistance when you commence as a qualified practitioner
- Industry-specific information, advice, support and resources
- Listing with the AACMA Practitioner Referral Service
- AACMA-branded practice tools, including brochures and display materials
- Access to AACMA’s professional indemnity insurance cover from Guild Insurance.
Ongoing professional support
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Advocacy to government bodies and industry organisations
- Rapid response to negative media, and promotion of positive media
- Invaluable networking and collaboration opportunities.
Discounts on professional and promotional expenses
- Discounted first-year membership fee of $120, saving $385.00 (for graduates only)
- Discounted fees for professional indemnity insurancefrom Guild Insurance
- Free member web page.
Opportunities to further support the profession through Australia’s only mentoring program for Chinese medicine practitioners
- Share your expertise and experience to help support and guide TCM students in their final year of study or during their first year after graduation.Find out more.
Membership options for qualified practitioners
- Member and Provisional Member For qualified graduates of AACMA-approved acupuncture or Chinese medicine courses
- Non-Practicing Member - for qualified graduates of AACMA-approved acupuncture or Chinese medicine courses who are not currently practising (conditions apply)
- Associate Member (Tuina) – for qualified graduates of AACMA-approved TCM remedial massage courses
- Associate Member (Specific) – for registered Chinese medicine practitioners who may not satisfy the criteria for other AACMA membership options.
Become a practitioner member
Are you a recent graduate?
AACMA currently offers recent graduates a progressive pricing plan to assist with membership payments.
1st year graduate - $120.00
Full membership - $515.00
Please note: the application fee of $165.00 is payable when you initially join AACMA.
(this application fee can be waived if you are a current AACMA student member)
Become a student member
Become a practitioner member
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3457 1800 if you would like more information about AACMA membership.