AACMA Student Membership – loads of benefits, and best of all membership is free for students in AACMA-approved courses!
Student Membership is open to students enrolled in traditional Chinese medicine courses and is a great way to keep informed of trends in the profession and to be part of Australia's peak TCM association.
Top 5 reasons why Student Membership is invaluable for TCM students:
- Keeps you informed with developments in the profession; you will receive the monthly member e-News and the quarterly Jing-Luo newsletter.
- Receive student rates to Chinese medicine events; some AACMA-hosted events permit free entry for students!
- Be entitled to the cheapest rates to the annual AACMA-hosted annual conferences- the Australasian Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine Annual Conference (AACMAC) - a not-to-be-missed event held in May each year.
- Receive significant discounts on membership: waiver of Application Fee (currently $165) plus a substantial discount on the first year's practising AACMA member fee (entitled to student members who apply for full AACMA membership within 9 months of the end of the semester of course completion).
- Free subscription to the Australian Journal of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Australia's only peer-reviewed journal for our profession (valued at $50).
For more information on the benefits of AACMA Student Membership, download Student Member Information Sheet.
Although Student Members are not entitled to vote or stand for election to the Board, they are entitled to elect a Student representative from their campus to their local AACMA State Committee. Student Members are also invited to participate in other activities of the Association.
How to apply for Student Membership
Complete the Application for Student Membership Form PDF or the fillable Student Member Application Form in Word and forward with proof of your enrolment (copy of Student Card or letter of enrolment would be sufficient) by email to the AACMA Membership Department.
Conditions for free Student Membership
AACMA Student Membership is free for students enrolled in an AACMA-approved program. If you are entitled to free student membership, you may complete the online form to save time.
Conditions for free Student Membership:
- the student must be studying in Australia and have an Australian mailing address;
- the student must be enrolled in an AACMA-approved course of study majoring in one or more TCM modality: namely acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine or tuina;
- the program of study must be provided by a university or, if a private institution, a registered training organisation;
- the course must be an accredited course - that is, accredited by an Australian university, the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Authority (TEQSA) or (for tuina programs only) the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQ);
- providing evidence of ongoing enrolment by 31 March each year.
Students enrolled in other (non-approved) Chinese medicine programs in Australia pay an annual Student Member fee of $75.
Overseas Student Members
Students enrolled in formal overseas educational programs in acupuncture, Chinese medicine, Korean medicine or other formal Traditional East Asian Medicine may apply for AACMA Overseas Student Membership. The cost is $165 (AUD) per year. The cost for is reduced to $75 per annum for current student members of the NZRA.
Have any questions? Contact us!
Please contact the membership department at the AACMA office, 07 3457 1814 or 07 3457 1800, if you have any questions about your application or the application process in general.