To promote a professional identity assisting accredited practitioners to offer excellence in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine health care.
Key Goals and Objectives
- To identify acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as profession/s providing primary health care based on the TCM body of knowledge which is able to evolve and adapt as appropriate to the Australian context.
- To be the peak body representing the profession in Australia and be recognised as such by all sectors of government, industry, the profession, and the public.
- To promote the Association and its accredited practitioners such that the Association is readily recognised by all facets of the community, government and the health industry as being synonymous with excellence and professionalism in the practice of TCM.
- To develop and administer policies and standards, implement programs and provide a cost effective infrastructure to support and assist accredited practitioners to succeed as primary care practitioners in the Australian health care system.
- To set minimum standards of education and training and assist education providers so as to ensure that education remains relevant to the needs and requirements of the association, its members, and the public.
- To promote community awareness of acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and Traditional Chinese Medicine so as to increase informed health care choices and to encourage self-empowerment of patients.